Monday, November 5, 2012

Madison Street Beauty Review




As I was looking through my Twitter account, I came across a cosmetics company that sells on Etsy.com. What really caught my attention was that they were having a 60% off sell...uh hello! Could NOT pass this opportunity up. So I went on their site and looked around. Everything was super cute and super affordable, so I decided to give it a try. I browsed through the selection and picked out two eyeshadows and a blush as well as a lip balm.

If you don't know what Madison Street Beauty is, it is a company that makes all natural hand made mineral makeup products. If you would like to check out their store, click here.

I'd like to apologize for the horrible lighting in these pictures...as well as the glare. I need to find a better way to take these pictures.

I ordered two eyeshadows (Cherry Blossom & Freesia) and one blush (Pale Peach). With the 60% sale going on, I got each of these products for either one or two dollars.

Overall, I LOVE the shadows. I want to mention how beautiful the colors are. The Cherry Blossom is my favorite and Freesia is a close second. You can truly tell that these products are handmade with a lot of care and attention to detail. The packaging is also much more than I expected from a small business. The product comes in a nice screw-top container and the amount of product found in the container is based on weight. The containers are durable and will definitely be able to be thrown into my cosmetics bag with out breaking. I also want to mention shipping and handling. Shipping was extremely cheap (under $3) and fast. I received my products in under a week. It was such a nice surprise when I went to check my mail today and my package had already arrived. Definitely a HUGE thumbs up in my book.

So lets get started with the Cherry Blossom eyeshadow. LOVE this color. It is such a pretty light pink (pinks are one of my favorite colors to wear on my eyes). It has a gold sparkly undertone, but it's not overwhelming. These colors wear nicely both wet and dry. These shadows also apply very smoothly. This color stayed on my eyes for quite a while, however, I was wearing a primer. The color didn't crease or smudge. It stayed put for quite a few hours. When removing this shadow, it came off very easily without any hassle.

The second eyeshadow that I purchased from MSB was in Freesia. This is such a beautiful light purple color! This color has more of a cool undertone.  This color is seriously so gorgeous. I would love to try using this shade with a darker purple for a smokey eye effect. By the way, these pictures don't do the colors justice. If you have the opportunity, I would tell you to go try these out for yourself. They are very comparable to high end cosmetics except for the fact that they are extremely affordable.

I didn't want to just get eyeshadows. I also got a blush in Pale Peach. I would have swatched this color, but it was so light that it didn't show. This is blush is gorgeous, though. It is a nice light peachy color that gives your face a nice dewy look. I also tried using the blush in the corner of my lids as a brightener, and it worked well. The texture of the blush is really nice. It glides on smoothly and really stays put. I will probably be buying this item again.

I also wanted to try another type of product that they sell...so I opted for their Tangerine Lip Balm. The balm is obviously all natural and is made with organic products. This balm is great to throw in your purse or book bag. It has such a nice, light smell to it.  This product is also 100% vegan. I will probably re-purchase this product, as well.

Overall, I really love this company. They seem to be really nice, really efficient, and really organized. Their products are of superior quality and I would recommend them to anyone looking for affordable cosmetics that work well. If you have any questions or want to know more about the products I ordered, e-mail me (see "about me" for address) or comment below and I will try to answer them as best as I can!

                        Also, you can check them out on twitter @MadisonSBeauty


Now go check the site out!

xoxo
Ains

Twitter: @LuvBeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment