Monday, November 5, 2012

The Liebster Blog Award :)

Today I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by two fellow bloggers. This just made my day! I am very new to the blogging world, so for another blogger to think about me as a nominee for this award is appreciated. I can't believe how supportive other bloggers are out there. I was nominated first by Elysia from Little Beauty Blog and Nikki from Heaven Has Cupcakes. Thanks girls :)

For those of your who are not familiar with the Leibster Blog Award, it is a nomination from another person who enjoys your blog and wants to show it some love. These blogs are foreseen to be "up and coming" and for a blog to be nominated, it has to have less than 200 followers/friends. So lets get down to the rules:
The rules: To receive the Liebster Blog Award the nominated blogger must:-

  • Reveal 11 random things about themselves

  • Answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated them has set

  • Create 11 more questions & tag 11 other blogs with less than 200 followers & holler at them so they know they've been nominated!

  • No tag backs!
11 Random Facts About Me:
  1. I'm a geek. I really like playing video games with my boyfriend.
  2. I still sleep with a stuffed polar bear every night even though i'm 22 years old.
  3. I have anxiety--but it's made me a stronger person.
  4. I'm the maid of honor in my big sisters wedding!
  5. I'm really organized and if i'm not it gets my anxiety going.
  6. I really, really, really like Nicki Minaj 
  7. I am insulin resistant.
  8. I have a HUGE Vera Bradley collection
  9. I've been dating my boyfriend for almost 5 years
  10. I'm really into my Irish heritage 
  11. Giraffes are my favorite animal


Questions from Little Beauty Blog:

1) If you could have any job in the world what would it be?
Well I would love to be doing PR for some sort of business someday...or wedding planning.
2) On average, how long do you spend on each of your blog features?
Oh my gosh...this depends. Some days I spend hours on my blog; other days I spend a few minutes writing up a post. If I have nothing to do, I will devote more time to my blog. 
3) There's a famous saying 'if at first you don't succeed, try and try again'. Do you agree with this or do you admit defeat easily?
I get discouraged easily, but I usually just back on the bandwagon eventually. Like blogging--I've had a few blogs that haven't done well in the past so I give up, but I keep coming back. This time I succeeded, so i'm sticking with it. 
4) What is your favourite item of clothing?
I have two--my black sweater that goes over everything, and my brown riding boots. 
5) Blogging can open up a lot of new doors and present a blogger with new opportunities. If you have a goal for your blog, what is this? What would you most like to happen as a result of you blogging?
I would love to blog and do social networking for a company and this is wonderful practice. It's also a goal to have devoted followers who truly care about my blog. 
6) I love jewelry, especially rings; if you could only wear one item of jewelry what would it be and why? (or if you don't wear jewelry; why do you choose not to?) 
I wear my promise ring and my cross necklace everyday. My ring is from my boyfriend and my necklace is from my Nana.
7) If you could only choose one makeup brand that's in your makeup bag right now, which one would you choose?
 This is hard! Probably Clinique. I love their products. 
8) I find that I am forever looking at expensive designer bags and saving up for them. What makes you want to splurge your money? 
MAKEUP! This is an issue for me. 
9) I always like reading about and finding out about new products - what is the best product you purchased last month and why?
 Probably my Clear shampoo and conditioner. I just got it yesterday and my hair feels AMAZING. Try it :)
10) If you go on holiday anywhere in the world where you would you choose and why?
Ireland. I'm Irish and would love to see where I came from. 
11) I love sweets (in moderation); what if your favourite treat and why?
I have a guilty pleasure for Lindt truffles. 

My 11 Questions:
  1. What or who inspired you to blog?
  2. What moment in your life are you most proud of?
  3. If you could recommend one book for someone to read, what book would it be?
  4. What is your favorite color combination?
  5. What is your go to comfort food?
  6. If you could live in another time period, when would it be?
  7. If you could only keep one personal item from your room/house, what would it be and why?
  8. What is your go to makeup or beauty product?
  9. If you could move to another state, which one would you move to?
  10. Besides blogging, how do you spend your time on the internet?
  11. Favorite perfume/body spray?
And the Nominees are....

xoxo
Ains

Twitter: @LuvBeauty



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me! I'll be sure to write this up later today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really fun to read (: I really love your blog! I'm Irish too - but I live in Ireland :L
    Niamh

    floralfriendship.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete